The Big Love Benefit will be held Friday, February 26, 2021. This annual dinner and auction brings our philanthropic community together for food, fun and celebration in support of YANA children and their families. The 2021 hybrid gala fundraiser event is all about choice, safety and flexibility!
The entire event will be a livestream broadcast and will include a cocktail hour, prizes and draws, time to enjoy food, fun and celebration, heart-felt photo and video presentations featuring our courageous YANA families, and of course time to virtually browse and bid on hundreds of generously donated silent and live auction items and packages.
Join the community of supporters rallying behind YANA families in whichever way suits you best!
1. View the live stream broadcast in your bubble (6 maximum) in one of 3 ways:
- Champion Sponsor-hosted restaurant venues. Attend in your bubble (6 maximum), watch the live-stream event, enjoy a delectable 3-course meal prepared by local chefs, bid on auction items and enjoy the shared experience at one of 8 local restaurants. Venues include Avenue Bistro, Blackfin Pub, Crown Isle Resort Ballroom and Copper Room, Locals Restaurant, Match Eatery & Public House, Roy’s Towne Pub and The Waverly Hotel.
- Supporter sponsor hosted home parties. Supporter sponsors host their bubble (6 maximum) in their home, enjoy a delicious home-delivered meal, and watch the live-stream from their TV.
- “Live Broadcast & Auction Link” by donation. Anyone can participate from home by making a tax-receipted donation and receiving the link. All donations will be matched, dollar-for-dollar up to $15,000 total, by our incredibly generous Donation Matching Sponsor, Brian McLean Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd. Sit in your pajamas, create your own lavish themed dinner, or do anything in between. View the live broadcast event on your computer or TV and bid on silent & live auction items, all from the comfort of your home.
The “Hybrid” version of the gala event means that everything will be online. We’re going to do everything we can to bring people together in ways that safely follow COVID protocols at home or at restaurant venues. The presentations and celebrations, the draws and prizes, and the live auction will all be online no matter what. Even the silent auction will be completely online starting February 16 and closing the night of the gala event on February 26.
** Extreme flexibility is the key. We’re asking that you please view your ticket price as a donation to YANA. We will plan for the best-case scenario, and be prepared to adjust according to provincial and regional COVID restrictions as needed. In the event that the only option is 100% viewing from home in family-only groups with no food service component, a charitable tax receipt for the full ticket price will be issued.
2. Donate an item, gift certificate, service or experience for the auction.
3. Provide cash sponsorship to cover event expenses in order to maximize funds to Comox Valley children and their families. Various sponsorship opportunities are available with business acknowledgement matching the level of sponsorship.
4. Purchase Big Love Benefit 50/50 Draw Tickets. Tickets on sale starting Jan. 20, 2021. Draw is Fri. Feb. 26th at 8pm. When you win big, YANA families win big!
The Comox Valley has embraced the concept that it takes a community to raise a child. We are grateful for our sponsors, donors, and many supporters who make this evening grand. Special thanks to our sponsors who help us create a memorable evening and a successful fundraiser! We are so grateful for your generosity!
On every great team, each player puts their hand in for the cheer, and voices rise together to shout their rally cry. Each person in the circle knows if they play their role selflessly, with passion and determination, the result will be a source of huge pride for everyone involved. And so it is with the 2020 YANA Big Love Benefit! Thank you to every sponsor, donor, attendee, volunteer and supporter who put their hands in and raised a record-breaking $166,000 at this magical event. This was a big BIG win for YANA families in our community!
Thank you Ali Roddam Photography for the gorgeous images below capturing the electricity of the night, Jabin Postal Films for the beautiful video allowing everyone to see exactly what the Big Love surrounding YANA means to our community, and Karen at McKinnon Photography for sharing the touching story of one of the beautiful YANA families we all come together to support.
The electricity, the magic, and the generosity surrounding the 2019 Big Love Benefit was astounding. YANA supporters throughout the Comox Valley and beyond showed their fierce community spirit coming together to raise an incredible $158,000! Heaps of big love to everyone that had a hand in this record-breaking year! View Karen McKinnon’s 2019 video presentation here. Enjoy photos of the evening by Ali Roddam below!
What a night! We are thrilled to announce a record-breaking net fundraising total of $122,000! Sponsors, donors, volunteers, guests and online auction shoppers showed their big, big love for YANA families in connection with our February 23rd Big Love Benefit. Sincere thanks to all contributors! Our hearts are full!
We are deeply grateful for the love and community spirit surrounding our annual gala event. Thank you to all contributors! Together, we raised $91,000 for local children and families. Check out some snapshots from the evening.
The love shared at the 2016 Big Love Benefit was big indeed and we are incredibly grateful for everyone’s contribution. Thank you to all guests, volunteers, donors and sponsors. Have a peek at some of the photographs provided by McKinnon Photography.
We are thrilled to announce that the 2015 YANA Dinner & Auction was a huge success! We appreciate everyone’s contribution. Our community really came together to make this happen and to show support for YANA. Thank you to guests, volunteers, donors, and sponsors. It was an amazing night! Scroll through the gallery below to see some of Ron Pogue’s photographs from this special evening and see more pictures here.
Photographer Ron Pogue captured the magic of our 2014 YANA Dinner & Auction. Scroll through the gallery below to see some of the images from the event and see more pictures here.