For almost twenty years, YANA has welcomed the holiday season by making and selling Christmas Crackers in support of local children and families.
This Comox Valley tradition starts in October every year. 5,000 crackers are lovingly handcrafted by volunteers and filled with fun prizes. 50 crackers have special prizes, including one with a grand prize.
Drop by the YANA office on Monday, Wednesday or Friday 10am to 2pm starting Wednesday, October 11 until Wednesday, November 1 to help us make Christmas crackers. Please note that crafting sessions are for adults only. All supplies provided. Just bring yourself (and a friend) and your craftiness!
These holiday favourites go on sale after Remembrance Day and sell quickly. Crackers will be sold at the locations listed below.
– YANA Office, 102 – 2456 Rosewall Crescent
– Charles Dickens Christmas Craft Faire at the Florence Filberg Centre Nov 10, 11 & 12
– Driftwood Mall Christmas Tree Display Nov 18-Dec 2
– BCAA, Cliffe Ave.
– First Insurance, 8th Street
– Edible Island, 6th Street
– F.D. Interiors, 5th Street
– Blush Salon, 5th Street
– MNP, 467 Cumberland Road
– Coastal Community Credit Unions, all branches
– Harbourview Dental, Comox Ave.
– Comox Recreation Centre, Noel Ave.
– 40 Knots Winery, Anderton Road
– Seeds Market, Cumberland
– First Credit Union, Cumberland
– Vancouver Island Visitor Centre, Small Road