For almost twenty years, YANA has welcomed the holiday season by making and selling Christmas Crackers in support of local children and families.
This Comox Valley tradition starts in October every year. 5,000 crackers are lovingly handcrafted by volunteers and filled with the usual delights. 50 crackers have special prizes, including one with a grand prize: a beautiful diamond ring valued at $3,370! Thank you to Mark the Gold Guy for this generous donation and to Tim Haley from Simply Timeless for donating the appraisal.
We are incredibly grateful for our sponsors Paul Ardron and Kirk Campbell of IG Wealth Management. Their generous support allows 100% of the proceeds of this fundraiser to be directed to accommodation and travel funding support for YANA families.
Volunteer Cracker Crafters
Sincere thanks to the many volunteers who came together to make our YANA Christmas Crackers this October and November!
Buying YANA Christmas Crackers
These holiday favourites are on sale NOW at the retail locations below throughout the Comox Valley. They are $3.00 each, cash or cheque only, and will be available until they’re sold out. The Crackers typically sell out quickly, so check back regularly for location updates and “Sold Out” notices.
Please remember to bring your reusable shopping bag along!
– YANA Office, 102 – 2456 Rosewall Crescent (or see our friends at the Tin Town Cafe if the office is closed)
– Driftwood Mall Christmas Tree Display
– Lewis Centre
– BCAA, Cliffe Ave.
– First Insurance, 8th Street
– Edible Island, 6th Street
– F.D. Interiors, 5th Street
– Blush Salon, 5th Street
– Coastal Community Credit Unions
– Harbourview Dental, Comox Ave.
– Comox Recreation Centre, Noel Ave.
– 40 Knots Winery, Anderton Road
– Seeds Market, Cumberland
– First Credit Union, Cumberland
– Vancouver Island Visitor Centre, Small Road