For almost twenty years, YANA has welcomed the holiday season by making and selling Christmas Crackers in support of local children and families.
This Comox Valley tradition starts in October every year. 5,000 crackers are lovingly handcrafted by volunteers and filled with fun prizes. 50 crackers have special prizes, including one with a grand prize.
These holiday favourites go on sale after Remembrance Day and sell quickly. Crackers were sold at the following locations in 2016:
– YANA Office, 102 – 2456 Rosewall Crescent
– Charles Dickens Christmas Craft Faire at the Florence Filberg Centre Nov 11, 12 & 13
– Driftwood Mall Christmas Tree Display Nov 17-Dec 3
– BCAA, Cliffe Ave.
– First Insurance, 8th Street
– Edible Island, 6th Street
– F.D. Interiors, 5th Street
– Blush Salon, 5th Street
– MNP, 467 Cumberland Road
– Coastal Community Credit Unions, all branches
– Harbourview Dental, Comox
– Comox Recreation Centre
– 40 Knots Winery
– Seeds Market
– First Credit Union, Cumberland
– Vancouver Island Visitor Centre
– Christmas at the Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park Craft Fair Nov 26 & 27