YANA Comox Valley’s annual Christmas cracker fundraising sale will start Thursday, November 17.
Earlier in October volunteers began making the 5,000 crackers needed for YANA’s (You Are Not Alone) annual Christmas cracker sale which has become a popular Comox Valley tradition.
“It was great being able to work out of our new space this year,” says YANA Board Director and Campaign Coordinator, Lesley Hunter. “We’re so grateful for the regular volunteers that come every year and we are happy to meet new ones, it’s such a fun group to work with.”
These hand crafted beauties will go on sale at various locations in November. Each one is filled with neat holiday prizes, 50 crackers have special prizes, including one with a grand prize.
The grand prize is a diamond ring donated by Mark the Gold Guy from Comox Valley Pawnbrokers and appraised by Tim Haley from Simply Timeless at a value of $4,400.
Last year YANA was able to support 141 local families through their funding and accommodation program, assisting with over 300 medical trips for children or pregnant mothers who require medical care outside the Comox Valley.
Crackers go on sale Thursday, November 17 for $3 each and can be purchased at the following locations:
– Driftwood Mall Christmas Tree Display, Cliffe Ave., Courtenay (Nov 17-Dec 3) SOLD OUT
– BCAA, Cliffe Ave., Courtenay SOLD OUT
– First Insurance, 8th Street, Courtenay SOLD OUT
– Edible Island, 6th Street, Courtenay SOLD OUT
– F.D. Interiors, 5th Street, Courtenay SOLD OUT
– Blush Salon, 5th Street, Courtenay SOLD OUT
– MNP, 467 Cumberland Road, Courtenay SOLD OUT
– Coastal Community Credit Union (all branches) SOLD OUT
– Harbourview Dental, Comox Ave., Comox SOLD OUT
– Comox Recreation Centre, Noel Ave., Comox SOLD OUT
– 40 Knots Winery, Anderton Rd., Comox SOLD OUT
– Vancouver Island Visitors Centre, Comox Valley Pkwy SOLD OUT
– Seeds Market, Dunsmuir at 3rd Street, Cumberland SOLD OUT
– First Credit Union, Dunsmuir Rd., Cumberland SOLD OUT
– Charles Dickens Christmas Craft Faire at the Florence Filberg Centre Nov 11-13
– Christmas at the Filberg Heritage Lodge & Park Craft Fair Nov 26-27
~ Comox Valley Record